lunes, 7 de septiembre de 2009

" Van Gogh Boots"








¿Why the boots?


This story we owe it to Paul Gauguin who shared a room with Vincent in Arles , France in 1888. He tells that in the study Vincent had a pair of hobnail boots full of mud, which made a remarkable painting, intrigued by the reason for keeping such a rag he asked him one day. Vincent then told the story of that pair of shoes.


"My father was a pastor and with him I studied theology. One morning, without telling anyone, I went to Belgium, I was very young, ready to preach the gospel in the factories, but I taugh it jus like as I understand it and I believed that Jesus loved the poor. These boots join me in all my trip".


But there is more, Gaugin tell that Vincent told him a story wich one day in one of the factories where he was preaching, there was an grisu explosion and a man was burnt and maimed. The doctor said that only a miracle could save the life of this gentleman, so Vincent worried about him decided to stay fourty days with the man. Finally the man was safe and Vincent kept the boots, because he thought that Jesus resurrected this man and that was like a relic of a miracle of Jesus, the Jesus who lives in the dephts of each one.


Gaugin concludes: "And Vincent took his brush again, and quietly went to work"
Searched: 2/09/09

1 comentario:

Olive Tree dijo...

Hi,it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

Publicar un comentario