lunes, 7 de septiembre de 2009

"Boots of Life"








Well, I dont have anything important to tell about my feelings, because I think that if you see my photo you will know of what I am talking about.


I was just kidding, and know I am going to tell you a little about how did I picked this picture and what did I feel when I saw it the first time. It was one day afternoon when I decided to begin my BLOG, so I started searching on "google" important paintings and sculptures all over the world, but the few things that I found didn´t make me feel something and if I chose them I was going to do the BLOG only as a homework, but i didn´t want to do it like that, I just wanted my blog be the best part of my art criticism and values that i put to artistic works.

I continue searching on paintings of Michelangelo, Dali, Rafael, Rivera, Rebrandt, etc. Then I saw a image and I stopped, I looked it carefully and I discovered which was the protagonist in my BLOG, a painting named "The Boots" by Vincent Van Gogh. This picture attract all my atention because it was a simple painting of a boots in a yellow background, and I know it´s kind of weird that a simple pair of rag boots catched my eyes. (:D)

Since that moment, I knew that it was time to begin all my representatio work and this is what i made:

Firstly, I thought kind of phylosphical stuffs in my mind, trying to blow up my five senses and star working. Befor knowing the real story about the boots of Van Gogh I selected two wordsewas HARDWORK and SACRIFICE.

The first idea that I had was to cover my arms and hands with mud, like making a relation with the hardwork of the people and the slaughter suffering , but suddenly I thought that if i only put the gray picture, it was going to be kind of boring and without feelings so i put a green leave between my hands , becuase I dont like the sad moments, but i hope that always that you are suffering, there is a little light between and if we used we can resolver our problems only if we trust in ourselves.

Then I kept thinking on hardwork, and in my house I began to have a photographic session in which I was the model, as the same as the first picture i covered myself of mud and I tryed to work out some ideas for my next photo, and i decided to take a photo in wich i was without t-shirt and covered with mud my back and arms, then i took a scoop with my two hands and took the photo, in that photo i tryed to made important the work and the slaughter that i think that Van Gogh wanted to transmit to us, in that same picture i am alone and i only have my scoop and the mud as partners, anybody is beside me hoping i will be fine.

In the last picture, there are my soccer boots, a scoop and my dirty hand over the shoes. This picture was supposed to be like the one of Vincent Van Gogh, the only difference is the contrast that i wanted to be seen in my photo, if we can see the boots are white and over the white there is a dirty hand maybe of a worker.

The sense of this picture is that a worker can´t buy a pair of white shoes, they could only be avaiable to have boots (work boots), but i think that supporting slaughter we can grew up as persons, brother, sister, father, mother, friend, etc. and we can also have big goals in our lives.

Finally, in my opinion about all i had said about the picture and the author, I think that nowdays people dont want to suffer and being humble (values don´t poor) they want to be superb and that is not good, because there is an example our fathers maybe support us with sacrifice, but we were their children the couldn´t let us down, and know they can look to us and say " Im the luckiest father of the world" (includes mother too).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario